Hong Kong residents must present the following certificates:
(1) His or her travel certificate for reciprocation between Hong Kong and Mainland ,or his or her travel certificate for returning to one’s native place;
(2) Hong Kong resident ID card;
(3) The marriage status testimony issued by the local notary organ of Hong Kong claiming no spouse and no lineal relatives by blood, or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship.
Macau residents must present the following certificates:
(1) His or her travel certificate for reciprocation between Macau and Mainland ,or his or her travel certificate for returning to one’s native place;
(2) Macau resident ID card;
(3) The marriage status testimony issued by the local notary organ of Macau claiming no spouse and no lineal relatives by blood, or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship
Taiwan residents must present the following certificates:
(1) His or her travel certificate for reciprocation between Taiwan and Mainland ,or his or her travel certificate for returning to one’s native place;
(2) Taiwan resident ID card;
(3) The marriage status testimony issued by the local notary organ of Taiwan claiming no spouse and no lineal relatives by blood, or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship.
The overseas Chinese must present the following certificates:
(1) His or her passport or other effective international travel certificate.
(2) The marriage status testimony issued by the notary organ of the foreign country where he or she lives with attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country or the organ authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the attestation by the Chinese embassy or consulate to the country, or the attestation of the marriage status testimony issued by the foreign embassy or consulate to China.
The testimony issued from the non- foreign- relationship country must be authorized by a third country who has foreign- relationship between that staying country and between China.
The citizen of the foreign country must present the following certificates:
(1) His or her passport or other effective international travel certificate.
(2) The marriage status testimony issued by the local notary organ of the foreign country with attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country or the organ authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the attestation by the Chinese embassy or consulate to the country, or the attestation of the marriage status testimony issued by the foreign embassy or consulate to China.
All documents issued by a country, which has no diplomatic relations with China, must be certified by either:
The Embassy of a third country in the applicant's country, and Chinese Embassy in the third country. The third country must has diplomatic relations with both China and the appliant's country.
Or, the Embassy of the third country in China. The third country must has diplomatic relations with the applicant's country.
Notice to Foreigners for Their Adoption of Children in Guangdong
Written Time: January 17, 2007 Author: Article come from:
I. Notice to Foreigners for Their Adoption of Children in Guangdong
To make convenience for the foreigners to adopt children in Guangdong Province, rules and procedures on adoption registration by foreigners are enacted as follows:
1.Conditions of Adopter, Consigner and Adoptee
(1)Conditions of Adopter
a.Have no child
b.Have the ability to bring up and educate the adoptee
c.Have no disease that is medically considered not suitable to adopt a child
d.Have an age of over 30
No limitations for the person to adopt orphan, deformity child, or abandoned baby and child whose own parents cannot be found and who is raised by social welfare institutions. If a male person with no spouse adopts a female person, he will be over 40 years older then the adoptee.
(2)Conditions of Consigner
a.Be a guardian of the orphan
b.Be a social welfare institution
c.Child’s own parents have no ability to raise the child
(3)Conditions of Adoptee
a.An orphan who has lost parents
b.An abandoned baby or child whose own parents cannot be found
c.A child whose own parents have no ability to raise the child.
2.Credentials and Materials Provided by Adopter and Consigner
(1)Credentials and Materials Provided by Adopter
a.Transnational adoption application
b.Certificate of birth
c.Certificate of marriage status
d.Certificates of profession, economic incomes and financial status
e.Certificate of heath
f.Certificate of having or having no criminal punishment
g.Transnational adoption consent certificate of the authorities of the adopter’s own country.
h.Family situation report (including adopter’s ID card, qualification and adaptability of adoption, family status and medical history of adopter, motivation of adoption, characteristics for taking care of children, etc.)
All credentials, certificates and materials of the adopter must be sent to China Adoption Center by the adoptive organization approved by the government of the adopter’s own country. China Adoption Center issue the “Notification for Adoption of Children in China” to the adopter and “Notification of Foreign Adoption” to Guangdong Provincial department for Civil Affairs upon approval of the adopter’s application for adoption.
(2)Materials Provided by the Consigner
a.Copies of permanent resident booklet and ID card of the consigner (If consigned by social welfare institution, copies of ID card of the director of the institution are needed to be provided)
b.Paper certifies that the adoptee is an abandoned baby or orphan
c.Permanent residence certificate of the adoptee
d.Report on growth situation of the adoptee
e.Health examination certificate of the adoptee
f.Two-inch-sized color photo of the adoptee
g.Written consent of consignment from other persons who have duty to rear
h.Written consent of adoptee who is age of ten
i.Other certification materials
3.Requirements for Certificates and Materials
(1) Requirements of certificates and materials of the adopter
If a foreigner wants to adopt a child in Guangdong Province, he/she should entrust the government of his/her own country or foreign adoptive organization approved by his/her own government to pass on his/her adoptive application and certificate and report on family situation to China Adoption Center entrusted by the Chinese Government. Adoptive application, certificate and family report mean certified documents issued by authorized organization of the adopter’s own country and verified by the diplomatic organ or organization authorized by the diplomatic organ of the adopter’s own country. These adoptive application, certificate and family report should be verified by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the adopter’s country.
(2) Requirements of certificates and materials of the consigner
a. Materials should be authentic, accurate and clear. No alteration of the documents is allowed.
b. Accurately write down the dates of birth, pick up and admission of the abandoned baby
c. Certified materials of consent to consignment should be stamped with the official seal of the welfare institution as well as signed and sealed by the director of the institution.
d. Pick up certification materials should be issued by the local public security bureau, its content must include the name and address (or working unit) of the picker, the detail time and site of picking up, unable to find out his/her parents, and sent to be raised by the welfare institution, etc.
e. Medical health certificate should be issued by a hospital of Grade A at the third level or Grade A at the second level. Items of health examination should be complete. If the abandoned baby has deformity, the examination certificate and the disease and deformity diagnostic paper must state in detail what kind of deformity or location of deformity (location of deformity should have photo taking), and the degree of deformity. The above mentioned certificates materials should be done in one original and two copies.
4. Examination and Approval Organization
Name of China adoption organization: China Adoption Center
Address: 16 Wangjia Lane, East Town District, Beijing
Postal code: 100027
Telephone: 010-65545199 5548811 (Fax)
5. Organization for Registration
Name of Guangdong adoption registration organization:
Guangdong Provincial Department for Civil Affairs, Guangdong Adoption Registration Center under the jurisdiction of Guangdong Provincial Department for Civil Affairs, is in charge of the foreign adoption registration affairs .
Address: Floor 8, Fuhua Commerce and Trade Building, 233 Dade Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong
Telephone of Social Welfare and Social Affaires: (020) 83197555
Telephone of Guangdong Adoption Registration Center: (020) 83318631 83318893 (Fax)
Consultation hotline: (020) 83318631
6. Registration Procedures for Foreigner adopters to come to Guangdong to handle formalities for adoption
(1) Application and Registration
a. If a foreign adopter would like to adopt an abandoned baby or orphan raised by a welfare institution within the jurisdiction of Guangdong, he/she makes appointment of a date for handling adoption registration with Guangdong Adoption Registration Center upon he/she received the “Notification for Adoption of Children in China”.
b. Guangdong Adoption Registration Center inform the consigner (the director of social welfare institution, here social welfare institution as consigner) of the date on which the foreign adopter will come to handle adoption registration upon it received the “Notification of Foreign consignment” and ask the consigner to work out the consignment registration and approval and examination report.
c． The foreign adopters will meet the adoptee after they arrive in Guangdong. After showing their “Notice of Traveling To China For Adoption”, they shall conclude The Agreement Of Entrusting Guardianship In The Harmonious Period and adoption agreement with the person placing out the child for adoption (the person in charge of the welfare institute).
d. The adopter and the adoptee meet each other to create emotional ties.
(2) Issuing Adoption Registration Certificate after Examination and Approval
The adopter, the person placing out the child for adoption and the adoptee must personally appear at Adoption Registration Center Of Guangdong Province for adoption registration , The adopter shall submit the following documents:
a. “Notice of Traveling To China For Adoption” issued by CCAA;
b. The original and one copy of the identity credential;
c. Application for Adoption Registration completed by the adopter and the person placing out the child for adoption;
d. the triplicate adoption agreement concluded by the adopter and the person placing out the child for adoption
e. one photo(passport-sized) of each adopter;
f. In case a married couple adopt a child in concert and one party of them cannot appear, a power of attorney for adoption notarized by a notary public in their country and authenticated by the Chinese Embassy or consulate stationed in their country shall be submitted.
Where the aforementioned documents are complete and valid the registration organ shall conduct examination within 7 days from the next date of the receipt of the application for adoption registration.. Where the application is in conformity with the requirements stipulated in “Adoption Law of The People’s Republic of China “ and “Measures for Registration of Adoption of Children by Foreigners in The People’s Republic of China’, the adoption shall be registered for adopter and an “ adoption registration certificate “ be issued . The adoptive relationship shall be established as of the date of registration.
7. Notarization for Adoptive Relationship after the adoption has been registered, The parties involved in the adoptive relationship shall apply for notarization for the adoptive relationship with Notary Public of Guangdong Province. The following documents are required ;
a. Adoption Registration Certificate issued by Civil Affairs Department Of Guangdong Province(2 copies)
b. Notice of Coming to China for Adoption (1 copy )
c. Passport of each adopter ( including the entry-page) ----original and one copy
d. Power Of Attorney ( if one party of a married couple has not appear for adoption)
e. Notice of foreign-related adoption
f. Residence booklet of adoptee
g . Registration form of taking in an abandoned infant;
h. Certificate of source of the adoptee( 6 originals)
i. Children’s Medical Examination Record (6 copies)
j. Position certificate of the person in charge of the welfare institute and his/her identity credential;
k. Twelve photos of the adoptee
Address of South China Notary Public Office Of Guangdong Province: 9/F.Shun Tak Business Center, Zhongshan Four Rd. Guangzhou
Photo number :(020) 83635653 83636372
One notary public branch office is located at 9/F NO.233. Fortune Commercial Building. Dade Rd. Guangzhou
8.Formalities of exit visa
After completing the adoption registration and the adoption notarization , the adopters shall bring the adoptee to apply for passport for the adoptee with Entry and Exit Administration Division of Public Security Department of Guangdong Province, then they apply for exit visa for the adoptee with the embassy or consulate of the adopter’s country stationed in China. Adoption Registration Center of Guangdong Province will assist in getting passport. The following documents shall be submitted.
(1) one “Application for Exit of Chinese Citizen completed by the welfare institute”. A photo of “ 33mm×48mm”shall be pasted thereon and stamped together with the form (and two more same photos shall be attached). The photo shall meet the requirements of Entry and Exit Administration Division of Public Security Department of Guangdong Province. The column for “ Institute And Police Station ” shall be given opinion and signed by the person in charge of the welfare institute and affixed thereto an official seal and thereafter it shall be signed by the person in charge of Civil Affairs Department of Guangdong Province and affixed thereto the seal of the department .
(2) The original and one copy of the residence booklet of the adoptee
(3) The original and one copy of Adoption Registration Certificate issued by Civil Affairs Department of Guangdong Province
(4) The original and one copy of the passport of the adopter
(5) The original of Notarial Certificate of adoption relationship
9. Charge standard
(1) Foreign-related registration fee: RMB 250 yuan
(2) Pass-port fee: RMB 200 yuan
(3) Registration service fee: RMB 1300 yuan
10. Supervision method
In the process of handling adoption registration if the parties involved in the adoptive relationship find that the officials violate the law or bend the regulations to suit their personal consideration for favoritism , receive and extort bribe . They may complain with Division for Social Welfare and Social Affairs of Guangdong Provincial Department of Civil Affairs.